Best Quality Authentic Original Indian Lagori Game Set (Seven Stone Game) @ 175 USD Only (Worldwide Shipping FREE - Shipping within 48 Hours)
Buy Lagori Game Set Online:- Lagori, dikori or lagoori, also known as Lingocha, Pithu (Punjabi), Palli Patti (Karimnagar), Pitto (Rajasthan), Pittu (Bengal) or Satoliya(Madhya Pradesh) is a game in India involving a ball and a pile of flat stones, generally played between two teams in a large outdoor area. A member of one team (the seekers) throws a tennis ball at a pile of stones to knock them over. The seekers then try to restore the pile of stones while the opposing team (the hitters) throws the ball at them. If the ball touches a seeker, he is out and his team continues without him. A seeker can always safeguard himself by touching an opposite team member before the ball hits him.
These additional rules make the game even more interesting.
- Clearly mark the boundary. If any of the seekers crosses it then he is out.
- If the person trying to knock down the pile, cannot do it in three tries then he is out.
- In any of the three tries, if the thrower's ball does not knock down the pile and is caught by an opponent after the first bounce then the thrower is out.
- Each team contains equal number of players.
- Piles of flat stones contain 7 stones.
In other parts of the country, the same game is known several other names:
- Pitthu(Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh and northern Rajasthan),
- Sitoliya(Rajasthan, Bihar)
- Pittu(West Bengal)
- Bam Pitto,pittu(Bihar)
- Yedu penkulata, dikorior pittu (Andhra Pradesh)
- Dabba kali(Kerala, played using a ball made of coconut leaves"olapanthu")
- Ezhu kallu(Tamil Nadu).
- Garmaan (Kashmir)